University of Waterloo
Who we are
The University of Waterloo is Canada’s innovation university: A place where you can go beyond ideas and turn them into action. Our unmatched entrepreneurial culture, intense focus on research and a broad range of programs make us one of the country's top ranked universities. Find out more at Waterloo's future student website.
- Canada’s most innovative university for 27 years in a row (Maclean’s magazine).
- More than 100 programs to choose from – many that are unique to Waterloo.
- No one else does co-op like Waterloo. Graduate with up to 2 years’ paid work experience and potential co-op earnings of $33,000 to $90,000. Apply to jobs with 7,000 co-op employers in North America's largest co-op program.
- Waterloo's students are successful; they have some of the highest graduation and degree completion rates in Ontario.
- Residence is guaranteed for first-year and transfer students
- With more than 1,000 start-up companies, Waterloo is among Canada's leading universities for helping students turn their creative ideas into action.
- Located 110 km west of Toronto in a clean, safe, mid-sized city that's home to 2 universities and a college.
- Among the country's largest campus recreation programs with dozens of intramural sports, tournaments and clubs, including soccer, ice hockey, volleyball, and flag football.
- More than 200 student clubs, including Canada's oldest university LGBTQ organization.
- New student facilities include a $17-million athletics field house for year-round intramural and varsity sports and a $31-million addition to student life, dining and athletics facilities.