Undergraduate Degree language requirements: proof of proficiency in English.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English language abilities. Proof may be any of the following:
- A minimum three years of full-time study with satisfactory academic standing in an English-language school system (where English was the primary language of instruction and evaluation). You must have acceptable grades in English and other humanities and social science courses from your senior high school year.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program where English was the language of instruction.
- Achievement of an overall band score of 70, with 60 in writing and no other score under 60 on the Canadian Academic Language Assessment (CAEL), or completion of the York English Language Test (YELT) with an overall category of one or two.
- The acceptable minimum test score on one of the following: TOEFL iBT 88 with a minimum of 21 on Speaking and Writing, MELAB 85 or greater with no other part below 80, IELTS 6.5 or greater, with no other band below 6.0, ITELP 565, with a minimum compostion score of 240, PTE overall score of 68 is required.
- Successful completion of Level 5 of Brock's Intensive English Language Program (www.brocku.ca/esl-services).
In addition to one of these, you must also complete ENG4U (or equivalent if out-of-province) if it is required for your program. Brock University reserves the right to request more information regarding English-proficiency test score results. You may be required to sit for the Brock International Test of English Language (ITELP) at the university's discretion.
|Note minimale TOEFL||88 iBT with a minimum of 21 on Speaking and Writing 237 CBT (TSE 4.5) 580 PBT (TWE 4.5)|
|Note minimale MELAB||85 or greater, with no other part below 80.|
|Note minimale IELTS||6.5 or greater, with no band below 6.0.|
|Note minimale ITELP||565, with a minimum composition score of 240.|
|Note minimale CAEL||Overall band score of 70, with 60 in writing and no other score below 60.|
|PTE (Pearson Test of English)||Overall score of 68 is required.|