Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
The Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph is a leader in veterinary health care, learning and research. This 4-year professional degree is accredited by the Canadian and American Veterinary Medical Associations.
Entrance Information and Requirements:
- - Completion of a minimum of 2 years of a university undergraduate degree program. Applications to DVM may be submitted during a student's third year.
- - Completion of 8 university-level required courses: cell biology; biochemistry; genetics; statistics; 2 biological sciences; and 2 humanities and/or social sciences.
- - Experience with veterinarians.
- - Submission of a Background Information Form.
- - Three letters of reference (2 must be from veterinarians).
- - An interview.
- - Canadian applicants, including dual citizens, must be residents of Ontario. A "resident" is someone who has resided in Ontario for 12 months, exclusive of time spent in a postsecondary institution.